Summer is one of the best seasons for almost everything, except for watching TV. Most of our favorite shows have ended for the season, so what are we supposed to watch when we’re craving a lazy weekend where we can spend hours scrolling through The Hunt app and mindlessly watching TV?! Don’t worry, we’re here to lend a helping hand! These are some of our favorite shows currently on TV or Netflix, and apparently some of your favorites too considering how many Hunts we see started for characters and clothes from these shows! Now is the perfect time to take a break from your summer fun and catch up on (or binge watch) these TV shows.
If you don’t already watch Teen Wolf, you totally have to start. The main character is a teenage boy named Scott, who was bitten by a werewolf, turning him into one as well. The series focuses around Scott learning how to deal with his new abilities and his group of friends who help him get out of the endless trouble that being a werewolf seems to cause. It’s currently on its fourth season.
Reasons you should watch: Exciting story lines, relatable characters, not to mention how hot the guys are (totally swoon worthy)!
America’s Got Talent:
America’s Got Talent is one of those shows we think our parents would be more interested in than we would. However, that is so not the case. AGT is the only current show on TV that showcases everyone’s talent. If you’re just over all of the singing shows, but still love watching talented new performers, then this is the show for you. It’s full of dancers, comedians, aerial acts, death defying stunts, and so much more!
Reasons you should watch: The auditions are hilarious, Heidi Klum and Mel B (Spice Girls!) are judges, and it’s full of new forms of talent you would never have even thought to check out.
Orange is the New Black:
This Netflix only show is all the rage right now, especially if you’re in the mood for a Netflix binge (which we know you are). The show is about a bisexual woman named Piper Chapman who was sentenced to 15 months in prison. The series is both a comedy and a drama that’s gained an unbelievable fan following. It’s second season came out in June and obsessed fans are already itching for the third!
Reasons you should watch: Loveable characters, interesting plot, funny but also serious, and of course you can binge watch both seasons as many times as you want!
Pretty Little Liars:
Now we’re sure you’ve heard of this ABC Family show if you don’t already watch it (and we love all of the weekly Hunts started for the girls outfits!). Basically, it’s about the death of a popular girl named Alison, leaving her four best friends to be taunted and threatened through social media, and in real life, by her suspected killer who goes by the name A.
Reasons you should watch: SO MUCH DRAMA, but it keeps you on your toes and completely invested in the show. Let’s not leave out the crazy cute outfits, (how can Hanna wear 4 inch heels to high school?!) and of course, hot guys to give us a mini break from all of that drama and suspense.
After a beautiful weekend like this past one, it can definitely be hard to get back into the swing of things when Monday comes along. Sometimes we need a little extra motivation to get our week off to an awesome start! One way to begin the week on the right foot is by throwing on your favorite workout clothes, blasting your favorite pump up song through your headphones (we suggest Summer by Calvin Harris to really get in the zone), and getting yourself to the gym or going on a nice walk around the block. It’s summertime, so take this gorgeous weather as motivation to get outside, get active, and have a fabulous week!
Do you love The Hunt? Do you consider yourself an expert at solving Hunts? Do your friends turn to you for style advice?
If you answered “yes!” to any of these questions we want you to apply for our Editor-in-Chic program!
Being an Editor-in-Chic of The Hunt means that you’re the creme de la creme. We currently have an elite group of 24 EICs in an exclusive Facebook group who chat about all things style and The Hunt.
We ask our EICs for feedback and give them behind-the-scenes access to new features and ideas we’re working on at The Hunt HQ.
EICs also get the chance to participate in Style Missions in order to be entered into a monthly giveaway with prizes from The Hunt!
Meet other girls from around the world who share your passions for fashion and The Hunt!
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you should be our next EIC!
The craze of the pineapple trend gets us wishing summer would never end! Pineapple prints make us dream of lying on the beach in this all over fruit print. Check out the best pineapple Hunts and Finds right here!
Craving more pineapple? Check out this pineapple print #ManiMonday
Editor’s Note: We’re so happy to introduce you to one of our Editors-in-Chic, Katie! She’s a great Finder on The Hunt and one of our top community members. She’s here to share this delicious cookie recipe with you!
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 jar of Nutella, chilled in refrigerator
- Sea Salt for sprinkling
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter will begin to foam. Make sure you whisk consistently during this process. After a couple of minutes, the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan; continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and give off a nutty aroma. Immediately transfer the butter to a bowl to prevent burning. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- To make the chocolate chunks, I got some of my favorite chocolate bars and mash them up into little chunks. I prefer chunks to chocolate chips, but you can of course use them instead!
- With an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar until thoroughly blended. Beat the egg, yolk, vanilla and yogurt until smooth. Add the dry ingredients slowly and beat on low speed. Gently fold in chocolate chunks.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours in the refrigerator. This step is super annoying because all you want to do is start baking the cookies so you can eat them! But be patient! This is an essential step because the chilling gives the cookies their lovely chewy texture. Trust me, it’s worth it! Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spoon out teaspoon sized amounts of Nutella. Refrigerate the Nutella pieces and take them out with the dough is ready.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Once dough is chilled, measure about 1 1/2 teaspoons of dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten the dough ball very thinly into the palm of your hand. Place Nutella piece in the middle and fold dough around it; gently roll into a ball— it doesn’t have to be perfectly rolled! Place dough balls on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and flatten with your hand.
- Bake the cookies 9-11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. They will look a bit underdone in the middle, but will continue to cook once out of the oven. Cool the cookies on the sheets at least 2 minutes. Sprinkle with a little sea slat. Remove the cooled cookies from the baking sheet after a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
The Hunt is not just for ladies, ladies! Like we said in our Dudes on The Hunt post last week - there’s a place for dudes on the app! We’re here to show you five reasons why your boyfriend or dude best friend should be on The Hunt:
1. For a style upgrade! He can start a style me Hunt and ask the community for advice on what to wear for a surprise date night ;)
2. So he can check out your profile to see what you’ve been Hunting for (it’s never too early to start Christmas shopping!)
3. So he can see what other dudes are Hunting for and get style inspiration
4. Because he’ll always be able to find new additions to his Air Jordans collection
5. Because you keep telling him to
This week’s Mani Monday by Wondrously Polished is an ode to mermaids! Get crafty with colors and try this scale-y siren mani at home!
1. Start by painting your nails with your favorite white polish and let dry completely.
2. Paint a gradient of white to teal to blue onto a damp makeup sponge. I used 4 different colors for this step. Make sure there is enough polish on the sponge to transfer onto your nail.
Click through for the rest of this tutorial!
A lot of people think that The Hunt is “girls only” which is sooo not true! There are a bunch of stylish dudes on The Hunt and we wanted to introduce you to a few of them. Get to know them and follow them on the app!
Jesse reminds us of our love for everyone’s favorite uncles from Full House, Jesse and Joey, and has managed to become the perfect combination of both. He has the cool rocker look of Uncle Jesse and the hilarious personality of Uncle Joey. Jesse’s favorite item in his closet is his pair of Triumph Doc Martens. They are totally making a comeback right now! His favorite item that he has spotted on The Hunt is a Holographic Mosaic shirt by Jason Brickhill.
Meet Marc! Marc may not consider himself to be a fashion expert, but he still loves The Hunt and has a great eye for adding Finds! His favorite Hunts to solve tend to be for iPhone cases, vintage sunglasses, and men’s accessories. He absolutely LOVES everything and anything vintage! Marc has an amazing talent when it comes to finding things quickly on the internet, which is what makes him so great at solving Hunts!
James is totally fashion savvy! He describes his personal style as something that makes him feel and look good without having to put in a whole lot of effort. James prides himself on having a great sense of humor and says, “life is too short so have a few laughs and don’t let things get to you when they shouldn’t!” We think that’s fabulous advice. Lately James has been seeing a lot of color popping up in menswear, and he even admits to having jumped on this trend himself!
Julian describes his style as “go with the flow.” His favorite accessory is a very special silver ring with the hallmark of a London silversmith on it. With Julian’s sharp eye for fashion, he’s noticed that pocket tee shirts are the most popular men’s fashion trend right now, and we totally agree! These comfy tee’s can be paired with almost anything and still remain totally stylish. When Julian isn’t on The Hunt he’s hanging out with friends, traveling, or taking pictures!
If you’re a stylish dude on The Hunt, we’d love to hear from you! Comment below to be featured in Dudes on The Hunt part 2!
Do you remember butterfly clips? Blue eye shadow? How about tattoo chokers?
Ah, yes, the ‘90s my love, you have returned! It’s finally socially acceptable for me to wear my jean jumpsuit in public…well, in some situations. I do live in Austin, Texas, so I guess there is always a time and a place for a jean jumpsuit (Keep Austin Weird!). I have always been a huge fan of older trends making their way back into the fashion world. This gives me a great excuse to hold onto an outfit for an unreasonable amount of time and for the past five years I have been slowly but surely adding ‘90s pieces back into my wardrobe. I want to share my findings with you all! I started my online Etsy store, Nine89 because I love thrifting and finding treasures for people. I think this is why my love for The Hunt has flourished so quickly. I first started using The Hunt a month ago. I liked that not only could I help put an outfit together for somebody, but I could also share my treasures from my store with people from all over the world. I am able to connect many young fashion forward individuals to that unique item they have been searching for—-whether it be a crazy cheetah patterned baseball cap or a pair of black chunky sandals. Although my store has items outside the ‘90s era, it is safe to say that the basic feel of Nine89 is ‘90s lovin’.
It would be great to see what ‘90s fashion means to different people from all over the world and I would like to give The Hunt’s community an opportunity to win an item of their choice from my store, Nine89. Just follow @thehunt and myself @kmodares on Instagram and post a throwback of your favorite ‘90s outfit. Make sure you also include the tag #Nine89! Contest ends Sunday at 5pm PST. I cannot wait to see the different outfits you all can come up with!
Editor’s Note: We’re so happy to introduce you to one of our Editors-in-Chic, Barbara! She’s a great Finder on The Hunt and one of our top community members. She’s here to share this super cute and super simple DIY with you Gems!
To create this stand you will need the following:
1. Three different sized plates or bowls (depending on your preference
2. Flat-top candle holder
3. A glass or small vase
4. Seashells and/or small items of some sort to fill up the glass or vase
As shown in the image, stack the plates or bowls using the glass/vase (which I filled with the seashells) as well as the candle holder. Make sure everything is centered or else you will be seeing a lot of broken glass in the near future!
Gather your jewelry and say yellow to your new jewelry organizer!
Will you try this DIY? Share with us below!